Wednesday 18 May 2011

Several wheeled APC variants

Hi guys, here are 5 versions I am considering, made from a 1/72 Airfix plastic kit, I have shortened the front end by half, the first version will be similar to what a grav version will look like, but I will add grav sled panels (not sure if that's a good description) and will be used in the Recce platoon, the second pic has a figure for scale comparison, 4, 6, and 8 wheeled variants, the smaller black tyre wheels are from a LAV, this is good because any LAVs I get will be made into Grav sleds for another hi tech force, so which do you like 4, 6, or 8 wheel version? the original had 6 wheels, so ideally a 4 or 8 would be better, but the 6 wheels look right, with or without turret? the turret is square in shape, so looks very low tech, might have to upgrade it a bit.





5 comments:

  1. A larger turret with the 6 or 8 wheeled version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I might try 6 Stryker wheels on it to see how they look, and I could beef the turret up with some scratch building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about the turret but I like the 6 wheeled ones. I think I would put the two axis in the back closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always adapt the turret into a kind of Rocket launcher battery if you had a few spare missles/rockets lying about your spares box?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like 6 wheels myself, although the rear sets should be closer together.

    the turret size depends on what you are arming it with, this one looks fine for a remote light machine gun.

    ReplyDelete