Monday 18 October 2010

Eureka 15mm RHA rocket troops

Hi guys, this is a unit of RHA rocket troops that I have finished for Scott of http://trailape.blogspot.com/ this is actually a mixture of AB and Eureka figures, however as these are the first Eureka figures I have painted I will talk more about these, the ABs are the usual excellent quality 9/10, the Eureka mix well with ABs size wise, the sculpting isn't quite as good as the ABs but still very good, were the Eureka figures may fall behind ABs is in accuracy, I am no expert on RHA uniforms and equipment, so I may be wrong here but from the research I did for painting these figure I have only found figures uniformed and equipped like ABs, one white sword belt either around the waist or across the body, Eureka's actually have 3 belts, none of which carry a sword, 1 has a cart case (not sure why) the other across the body has no purpose and the one around the waist holds a pistol in a holster, the pistol holster looks about the size of a modern equivalent, to be accurate I would imagine it should be longer, I have found no evidence that these figures should carry a pistol, the missing swords are found hanging on the horses that have been provided, the horses aren't to bad, but are very big compared to ABs. So Eureka loses a point for accuracy 7/10.
4 on the left are ABs, 4 on the right Eureka's

ABs

Eureka

Eureka

All Eureka's except the figure on the right.

2 Eurekas and an AB.

AB and 2 Eurekas.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dan
    As usual, Brilliant!
    Thanks for the excellent work. As usual I'm gob-smacked at the awesome work you've done.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting,
    Look forward to seeing them based up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific painting mate, simply terrific!
    T.

    ReplyDelete